Sit & Go 2.0
NEED HELP? CALL US NOW 1-877-314-4195
Sit & Go 2.0 Gameplay
In this section, we’ll cover the basic gameplay of Sit & Go 2.0.
You can learn even more by going to Amazon.com and purchasing Sit & Go expert Collin Moshman’s new E-book for under $1.
Be sure to check the Sit & Go 2.0 odds and prize distributions HERE
While the actual Sit & Go poker aspect of the game plays out identically to that of a traditional Sit & Go, the real excitement begins before the cards hit the virtual felt.
The game begins with a 20 second period allotted for players to choose one card out of a deck of 55 cards.
The deck contains 52 standard playing cards (26 red and 26 green) along with 3 gold cards.
During the pre-game phase, where the players determine the prize pool that you’ll be playing for, red cards mean stop, green cards mean keep going, and each gold card activates a progressive jackpot.
The ultimate objective of the game is to reveal 9 green cards before revealing a red card. But the great thing about Sit & Go 2.0, is that every time a player turns over a green card, the prize pool for the Sit & Go they are about to play increases along with the number of players being paid.
The Progressive Jackpot gold cards activate 3 separate jackpots. The first gold card turned over activates the Mini Jackpot, the second the Medium Jackpot, and the third the MEGA Jackpot.
Progressive jackpots are played for only when 9 green cards are turned over before hitting a red card. The size of the jackpot depends on how many gold cards are revealed before all 9 green cards are turned over. Should a player turn over a red card after one or more gold cards are revealed, the progressive jackpot will not be in play.
Let’s look at an example of a Sit & Go 2.0 Game:
1. Gameplay starts with everyone picking their card.
2. Before the first player reveals their card, you’ll see the current prize pool of the Sit & Go displayed on the table. Underneath it displays how many players finish in the money.
3. After every player has picked their card, the pre-game begins by having the person to the direct left of the dealer turn over their card.
4. The first player reveals their card and it is green. Now you can see the prize pool along with the number of players paid have both increased. The prize pool is now $90 and 3 players get paid!
5. The second player reveals their card and it is gold! Immediately a secondary prize pool of the Mini Jackpot is displayed to the left of the guaranteed prize pool. This is what the players will play for if all 9 green cards are revealed before a red card. When a player turns over a gold card, the table has the possibility of playing for a jackpot game. The jackpot prize pool is not activated until 9 green cards have been turned over. A green card counter is under the jackpot prize meter. (See in the picture below “GREEN CARDS NEEDED: 1 OF 9”) Until 9 green cards have been revealed, the jackpot prize pool is displayed on the right of the prize pool display in gray font as a possible prize pool.*
6. The third player reveals another green card. The prize pool now jumps up to $110, and the number of players now finishing in the money is 4!
7. The next two players reveal their cards and they’re both green again, adding two more pay jumps to the prize pool. Unfortunately, the 6th card is red.
When a red card is turned over, the pre-game now ends and the prize pool is determined. Because a red card was turned over before 9 green cards, the progressive jackpot will not be played out this round.
The possibility for bigger prize pools and more players paid each and every game makes Sit & Go 2.0 much more exciting. Playing for potentially thousands of dollars by hitting a progressive jackpot, now that’s a game-changer.
*There are 3 types of jackpot games:
- Mini: If 1 gold card and 9 green cards have been revealed, the table plays for the mini jackpot prize pool. The Mini prize pool is 10% of the total jackpot.
- Medium: If 2 gold cards and 9 green cards have been revealed, the table plays for the medium jackpot prize pool. The Medium prize pool is 25% of the total jackpot.
- Mega: If 3 gold cards and 9 green cards have been revealed, the table plays for the mega jackpot prize pool. The Mega prize pool is 75% of the total jackpot.
The amount of the jackpot that table may play for is determined by the stake of the game because higher stakes contribute more to the jackpot. Here is the percent of that jackpot available to each stake and what percentage of the buyins go into the jackpot from each stake:
|Stake||Jackpot Available||Buyin % Towards Jackpot|
- A $5 + $0.50 game begins.
- Of the $45 in buyins (9 players each pay $5 for the buyin), $0.66 cents goes into the jackpot.
- The jackpot is $100,000.
- Because it’s a $5 + $0.50 game, $20,000 of the jackpot is available to them ($100,000 * 20%).
- The players picked 2 gold cards and 9 green cards. This is a Medium jackpot prize, which is 25% of the jackpot available. The prize pool for the $5 buyin game is $5,000 ($20,000 * 25%).
1,500 Starting Chips
|Small Blind||Big Blind||Antes||Minutes|
Collin Moshman and Katie Dozier to Collaborate on the Winning Poker Network's New Sit & Go 2.0 Product
The next generation of Sit & Go’s is here and we’ve got some big names in poker collaborating with the Winning Poker Network to make sure it gets the attention it deserves.
The husband and wife poker playing/writing team Collin Moshman and Katie Dozier have collaborated with Winning Poker Network to educate and promote Sit & Go 2.0 via Moshman’s new E-book and Dozier’s live Twitch play and social media promotion.
Moshman, a theoretical mathematics honors degree graduate from the California Institute of Technology is widely considered one of the foremost experts in Sit & Go play and has written poker bestsellers including “Sit ‘n Go Strategy”, and “The Math of Hold’em”.
Commented Moshman: “Sit & Go 2.0 will be a game that's both fun and appealing to recreational and regular players. My new E-book will help players better understand how to optimally play the many formats this new product will offer."
Dozier is a poker professional and player coach at DragtheBar.com has also co-authored two books with Moshman titled “The Superuser” and “Pro Poker Strategy: The Top Skills”.
Moshman’s new book focused on Sit & Go 2.0 is scheduled to be released on March on Amazon.com and you’ll find Dozier streaming and engaging viewers with strategic commentary of her play of Sit & Go 2.0 on Twitch.tv upon the game’s release.
All this may lead you to the question: what is Sit & Go 2.0? Well, we’re not telling. At least not yet (it’s that good we want to keep it under wraps). But stay tuned to our website within the next couple months for more details about our new product that we as the next evolution of poker!